- Listed: December 12, 2018 7:33 pm
- Expires: 998860 days, 16 hours
Assisted Living Waiver
The pilot program was determined to be successful during the first three years in a limited trial in three counties. In March 2009, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services approved a waiver renewal for an additional five years and expansion of the program into additional counties. A five year waiver renewal was effective March 1, 2014.
- Age 21 or older;
- Have full-scope Medi-Cal eligibility with zero share of cost;
- Have care needs equal to those of Medi-Cal-funded residents living and receiving care in Nursing Facilities;
- Willing to live in an assisted living setting as an alternative to a Nursing Facility;
- Able to reside safely in an assisted living facility or public subsidized housing;
- Willing to live in an assisted living setting located in one of the following counties providing ALW services: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Sonoma counties.
The goal of the ALW is to:
2) offer eligible seniors and persons with disabilities, who reside in the community, but are at risk of being institutionalized, the option of utilizing ALW services to develop a program that will safely meet his/her care needs while continuing to reside in a RCF, ARF, or public subsidized housing.
Medi-Cal Member Enrollment Information
- READ BEFORE ENROLL
Apply for Medi-CalYou must apply for Medi-Cal in order to receive HCBS waiver and program services.You may apply for Medi-Cal before or after you have requested HCBS waiver and program services.On your Medi-Cal application you must indicated that you need long term care services and support.More information on how to apply please go to Ways to Apply for Medi-Cal.
Special Medi-Cal Eligibility RulesIf you are currently on a waiting list for the HCBS waiver or program, special Medi-Cal eligibility rules may apply to you if you are:
More information regarding these special rules can be found on the Spousal Impoverishment flyer.
- Married or in a registered domestic partnership and
- Meet the medical requirement as verified by your doctor’s verification form.
How To Enroll
Participants in the ALW program will have access to three waiver benefits:
Assisted Living Services
Nursing Facility Transition Care Coordination
- Assisted Living Waiver Fact Sheet
List of RCFE Facilities: Updated 11/02/18
- Description of Public Subsidized Housing
824 total views, 1 today