- Listed: December 15, 2018 8:17 pm
- Expires: 998705 days, 10 hours
Warning – Phone/Text Scam Targeting EBT Cardholders:Some EBT cardholders are receiving an automated call or text asking them to provide personal information, including their 16-digit card number and PIN. EBT cardholders should never share their card number or PIN.
CalFresh, formerly known as Food Stamps, helps low-income people buy the food they need for good health. For most households, CalFresh benefits are only a part of their food budget. They must spend some of their own cash, along with their CalFresh Benefits, in order to buy enough food for the month.
Individuals and families may be eligible to receive CalFresh benefits, whether or not they work, if they have low income.
CalFresh benefits are given in the form of an Electronic Benefits (EBT) card, similar to a bank debit card.
Specific eligibility requirements take into account an applicant’s citizenship, income, and other factors. Generally, services are available to low income individuals and families who :
- Are U.S. Citizens, or
- Are Legal Immigrants who:
- Have lived in the U.S. for at least five (5) years, or
- Are receiving disability-related assistance or benefits, regardless of entry date, or
- Are children under 18 years of age regardless of entry date.
- Meet Work and Income Requirements
How to Apply
Online: Visit C4Yourself.com online to apply.
By Phone: Call The Butte County Customer Service Center at 877.410.8803.
957 total views, 1 today