California’s Caregiver Resource Centers
- Listed: December 12, 2018 6:32 pm
- Expires: 998441 days, 19 hours
Caregiver Resource Centers
Caring for a loved one with cognitive disorder or another disabling condition forever changes the lives of families and caregivers. There can be devastating effects on those providing long-term care: financial pressures, legal quandaries, health problems, and emotional turmoil. Fortunately, in California, there is help https://www.caregiver.org/californias-caregiver-resource-centers (CRCs), throughout the state serve thousands of families and caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, Parkinson’s disease and other disorders. California was the first state in the nation to establish a statewide network of support organizations for caregivers; every resident has access to a CRC in their area (see below for services).
You can keep up with the latest news, training opportunities, and support strategies that you can use every month by subscribing to the https://www.caregiver.org/californias-caregiver-resource-centers e-newsletter.
Regional Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) Services
Each CRC provides the following core services to families and caregivers at low or no cost:
- Specialized Information and Referral – Referrals and advice related to caregiver stress, diagnoses and community resources.
- Family Consultation and Care Planning – Trained staff consultations to assess needs of persons with cognitive impairment and their families, explore care options, and develop a course of action.
- Respite Care – Financial assistance for temporary in-home support, adult day care services, short-term or weekend care and transportation.
- Short-Term Counseling – Individual, family and group sessions with licensed counselors to offer emotional support to caregivers
- Support Groups – Online or in-person meetings to share experiences and ideas to ease the stress of caregiving.
- Professional Training – Workshops on long-term care, patient management, public policy, legal and financial issues for health and service providers.
- Legal and Financial Consultation – Experienced attorneys consult on Powers of Attorney, Advance Directives, estate and financial planning, conservatorships and other matters.
- Education – Special workshops on topics such as cognitive disorders, dealing with dementia, long-term care planning and stress management to help caregivers cope with day-to-day concerns.
California’s Caregiver Resource Center
Every year, California’s 11 nonprofit Caregiver Resource Centers (CRCs), serve more than 14,000 families and caregivers of adults affected by chronic and debilitating health conditions including dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, cerebrovascular diseases (such as stroke or aneurysms), degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and multiple sclerosis, or traumatic brain injury (TBI), among many others.
The centers listed below provide core services to families and caregivers ranging from counseling and care planning, to legal/financial consulting and respite, at low or no cost.
Download print (PDF) brochure ►
Family Caregiver Alliance / Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center
Statewide Resources Consultant
101 Montgomery Street, Suite 2150, San Francisco, CA 94104 (new address as of June 1, 2018)
(415) 434-3388, (800) 445-8106 (toll-free)
Website: www.caregiver.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties
Caregiver Resource Center of Orange
(a program of St. Jude Medical Center)
130 W. Bastanchury Road, Fullerton, CA 92835
(714) 446-5030, (800) 543-8312 (regional)
Website: www.caregiveroc.org, Email: email@example.com
Coast Caregiver Resource Center
(a program of Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital)
2415 De La Vina Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Website: www.cottagehealth.org/services/rehabilitation/caregiver-services, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties
Del Mar Caregiver Resource Center
1537 Pacific Avenue, Suite 300, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 459-6639, (800) 624-8304
Website: www.delmarcaregiver.org, Email: email@example.com
Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties
Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center
8421 Auburn Boulevard, Suite 265, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
(916) 728-9333, (800) 635-0220 (regional)
Website: www.deloro.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba Counties
Inland Caregiver Resource Center
1430 East Cooley Drive, Suite 124, Colton, CA 92324
(909) 514-1404, (800) 675-6694 (California)
Website: www.inlandcaregivers.com, Email: email@example.com
Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties
Passages Caregiver Resource Center
(formerly Mountain Caregiver Resource Center)
25 Main Street, Suite 202, Chico, CA 95929
(530) 898-5925, (800) 822-0109 (regional)
Website: www.passagescenter.org, Email: MCRC@csuchico.edu
Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity Counties
Redwood Caregiver Resource Center
1140 Sonoma Avenue, Suite 1B, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
(707) 542-0282, (800) 834-1636 (regional)
Website: www.redwoodcrc.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma Counties
Southern Caregiver Resource Center
3675 Ruffin Road, Suite 230, San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 268-4432, (800) 827-1008 (toll-free)
Website: www.caregivercenter.org, Email: email@example.com
San Diego and Imperial Counties
USC Family Caregiver Support Center
(formerly Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center)
USC School of Gerontology
3715 McClintock Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089
(855) 872-6060 (toll free)
Website: fcscgero.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles County
Valley Caregiver Resource Center
3845 North Clark Street, Suite 201, Fresno, California 93726
(559) 224-9154, (800) 541-8614 (regional)
Website: www.valleycrc.org, Email: email@example.com
Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tulare, and Tuolumne Counties
1387 total views, 1 today