- Listed: December 15, 2018 8:24 pm
- Expires: 998983 days, 13 hours
CAPI is a program designed to provide cash assistance to aged, blind and disabled immigrants who are no longer eligible for the Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP) Program.
Who May Be Eligible
To be eligible for CAPI, applicants must:
- Successfully complete an application process
- Meet the immigration status requirements in effect for SSI/SSP eligibility as of August 21, 1996
- Be ineligible for SSI/SSP solely due to his or her immigration status under Title IV of Public Law 104-193 and any of its subsequent amendments
- Meet all other current SSI/SSP eligibility criteria (including, but not limited to, income, resources, age and disability)
- Immigrants who entered the U.S. on or after August 22, 1996 must also have a sponsor(s) who is (are) deceased, disabled, or the immigrant must be a victim of abuse by the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse.
- Immigrants who entered the U.S. on or after August 22, 1996 who do not have a sponsor or have a sponsor who is NOT deceased, disabled or abusive are potentially eligible for time-limited CAPI.
- Income – Federal rules must be followed regarding income and resources from a sponsor and spouse to the immigrant.
How To Get Help
Applicants are required to complete an application. The application process can be started by contacting us at one of the Butte Community Employment Centers. An interview with a worker will be scheduled to obtain facts and verify eligibility. If an interpreter is needed please ask at the time an appointment is made so one can be made available for the interview. There is no cost to you for the services of an interpreter.
764 total views, 1 today