- Listed: December 16, 2018 2:39 am
- Expires: 998105 days, 7 hours
Visit the California Department of Social Services Website for further information on this program.
IHSS Electronic Timesheet
YOU CAN NOW CHOOSE TO USE THE IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) ONLINE ELECTRONIC TIMESHEET SERVICE (ETS)
This Service is OPTIONAL; you do not have to change from paper timesheets.
HOW DOES THIS NEW ONLINE SERVICE BENEFIT ME?
- Providers can submit timesheets directly online.
- Recipients can approve timesheets online or by telephone.
- No more waiting for the postal service to deliver your timesheet.
- ETS checks your timesheet before it is submitted to help you avoid errors and potential violations.
- You can check timesheet and payment status through the ETS.
- You can view timesheet history up to the last three months in the ETS.
- You can request supplemental timesheets without having to contact the county.
WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE BEFORE I SIGN UP?
- You must be a current active eligible IHSS or WPCS program provider or recipient
- You must possess a valid email address
- You must have internet access and;
- You must have access to a smartphone, tablet, laptop or personal computer.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE NEW ONLINE SERVICE?
- Go directly to https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov to register for the service
- Read more about the Electronic Timesheet Service at the CDSS website-Timesheet Information Page
- Contact the ETS Help Desk Toll Free at (866) 376-7066, Option 4, during normal business hours 8am-6pm Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays, for additional assistance.
- Recipients can contact their local county office to sign up to approve timesheets by telephone using the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS).
IHSS Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
There are new overtime rules for IHSS under the Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which became effective on February 1, 2016. The new law states that providers must receive overtime when they work more than 40 hours in a workweek.
The “workweek” begins at 12:00 a.m. on Sunday and ends at 11:59 p.m. the following Saturday.
There are some limits on how much overtime can be worked:
- In a one Provider/one Recipient Relationship, the Provider can work up to 70 hours and 45 minutes per week.
- Providers with multiple consumers can work up to 66 hours a week.
In some cases exemptions for Live-In family Care Providers or Extraordinary Circumstances may apply.
IHSS providers may get paid for wait time at medical appointments.
IHSS providers will get paid for up to 7 hours a week travel time between recipients’ homes when traveling directly from one Recipient’s home to another Recipient’s home to provide IHSS services.
Refer to the CDSS Website for more detailed information regarding FLSA:
IHSS Exemption Approval Process
Answered 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday thru Friday
Any messages left on that line will be returned, if a name and phone number are provided.
744 P Street, Mail Stop 9-9-04
Sacramento, CA 95814
1801 total views, 1 today