- Listed: December 16, 2018 2:31 am
- Expires: 998748 days
Resource Family Approval (formerly Foster Care Licensing)
The Resource Family Approval (RFA) Program approves Resource Families to provide placement for children, youth, and young adults (non-minor dependents from 18-21 years old) who are under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court, or otherwise in the care of a county child welfare agency or probation department. A Resource Family can be any individual, couple, or family who wants to provide care to related or unrelated children. The RFA Program also allows for emergency placements with relatives and non-related extended family members.
Resource Family Requirements
To become an approved Resource Family for Butte County Children’s Services Division, applicants must:
- Attend an RFA Orientation
- Submit an RFA Application
- Consent to a background check and submit a LiveScan (Fingerprinting required for all adults living in the home and minors 14 or older with a criminal history)
- Allow a home inspection to ensure the home and outdoor space meet required safety standards, and make any required corrections
- Participate in a face to face interview (Required for ALL persons living in the home)
- Participate in a Psycho-Social Assessment
- Complete 21 hours of Pre-Approval Training, with an additional 30 hours for applicants who wish to provide care for children ages 0-5
- Be CPR and First Aid certified
- Complete and submit all other required paperwork/documents
- Meet all other RFA requirements
Once approved, Resource Families may be considered for Foster Care, Guardianship and Adoption placements, depending on the Resource Family’s goals.
Resource Family Responsibilities
Resource Families responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a safe and stable home for children and non-minor dependents (NMDs) placed in their care
- Meeting the needs of the child and NMDs placed in their care
- Keeping records regarding the children and NMDs placed in their care
- Upholding the personal rights of children and NMDs placed in their care
- Providing transportation to school, health related services, visits and extra-curricular activities
- Supporting reunification, when applicable
- Making required reports, such as suspected abuse, within the required timeframes.
RFA Orientation Schedule
RFA orientation is held every Wednesday alternating between the Chico and Oroville locations. Call 1-800-400-0902 for exact dates and locations.
Chico RFA Orientation:
Address: 2480 Notre Dame Blvd. Chico, CA 95928
Day/Time: Every other Wednesday from 2:00-5:00pm
Oroville RFA Orientation:
Address: 205 Mira Loma Dr., Oroville, CA 95965 in the Daisy Room
Day/Time: Every other Wednesday from 9:00-12:00
RFA Pre-Approval Training
RFA Pre-approval Training is provided through the Butte College Foster/Kinship Care Education Program located at 2480 Notre Dame Blvd. Chico, CA 95928. Click the following link to access the Chico Resource Family Approval Process Training Schedule, and to access the instructions for registering for the classes. Call 530-897-6235 for additional information.
• RFA01(A) Application
• RFA-01(B) Resource Family Criminal Record Statement
• RFA-01C Resource Family Application- Confidential (required if you are applying for a specific child or non-minor dependent)
• RFA Frequently Asked Questions
• RFA Brochure
• Guidelines For Visitation with Parents & Relatives
• Relative’s FAQs
For questions or to request an RFA Application, please contact Butte County Children’s Services Division Reception:
Toll Free: 1-800-400-0902.
971 total views, 2 today