- Listed: December 15, 2018 8:21 pm
- Expires: 999039 days, 3 hours
The CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WTW) Program is a component of CalWORKs. The program assists CalWORKs recipients in seeking, obtaining and retaining employment that leads to self-sufficiency. Welfare-to-Work staff help and encourage participants in overcoming the barriers that prevent employment. Participants are eligible for a variety of supportive services to assist them in becoming and remaining employed; some of these services are provided through partner agencies.
- Adult Basic Education
- Behavioral Health Services
- Child Care
- Clothing for Work
- Community Service
- GED Preparation and Testing
- Job Search Leads and Assistance
- Job Skills Training
- Job Skills Workshops
- Job Retention Services
- Learning Needs Evaluation
- Public Health Nursing Services
- Subsidized Employment
- Substance Abuse Services
- Unpaid Work Experience
- Vocational Assessment
- Vocational Training
- Alliance For Workforce Development, Inc.
- Butte County Department of Behavioral Health
- Butte-Glenn Community College
- Butte County Child Support Services
- Chico Unified School District
- Butte County Public Health
- Regional Occupational Program (ROP)
- Valley Oak Children’s Services
To remain eligible for services, recipients of cash aid must participate in work or work-related activities, specified in their individualized “Welfare-to-Work Plan.” For adults, there is a 48-month lifetime limit on eligibility for cash assistance.
Butte Community Employment Center “One-Stop” Job Listings
The Butte Community Employment Centers, home to DESS services, maintain a list of current job openings, many of which are provided directly by local employers. Each Center also has a Job Board with many current employment opportunities.Visit a Butte Community Employment Center in Chico or Oroville.
Community Employment Centers provide these Job Listings as information only; inclusion of job information in this website does not in any way imply endorsement of any employer by this agency.
How to Apply
Online: Visit C4Yourself.com online to apply.
By Phone: Call The Butte County Customer Service Center at 877.410.8803.
748 total views, 1 today