- Listed: December 12, 2018 3:55 pm
- Expires: 998189 days, 13 hours
Earn It! Keep It! $ave It!
ALAMEDA COUNTY EMPLOYEES PROVIDE NO COST IRS CERTIFIED TAX PREPARATION SERVICES
The Alameda County Social Services Agency (SSA) is providing no cost IRS certified tax preparation assistance to low- and moderate-income taxpayers from Mid Jan to Tax filing deadline in Apr.
Since 2002, SSA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) preparers have helped taxpayers to receive larger tax refunds by claiming the credits they have earned. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is provided to working families and single or married individuals. Additionally, families and individuals may be eligible for other credits. Find out if you qualify: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit
DID YOU KNOW? California offers its own Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for W-2 wage and self-employed income earners with calendar year 2018 tax returns. This credit is offered in addition to the existing federal EITC. Check to see if you are eligible: http://caleitc4me.org/get-it/
Visit one of our four sites and have your taxes prepared at no cost by our qualified IRS-certified preparers. Priority service will be given to low-income households. Have your tax refund as quickly as 7 to 10 days with a no-fee direct deposit card. It’s Your Money–Get It! Don’t miss out!
Appointments are REQUIRED at all sites! Go online to schedule your appointment: http://alamedasocialservices.org/eitc.cfm
Program Printable Flyer.
Program Dates: January 23 through April 17, 2019
Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Saturdays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Eden Area Multi-Service Center
24100 Amador St
Hayward CA 94544 (map)
- Enterprise Office
8477 Enterprise Way
Oakland CA 94621 (map)
- Thomas L. Berkley Self-Sufficiency Center
2000 San Pablo Ave
Oakland CA 94612 (map)
Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Saturdays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- San Lorenzo Office of Supervisor Wilma Chan
15903 Hesperian Blvd
San Lorenzo CA 94580 (map)
What do I bring?
- A copy of your 2017 tax return
- Photo ID for each person adult person on tax return
- Original Social Security or ITIN card for each family member
- W-2 forms or 1099-MISC, and all other payment documents for all jobs or income received in 2018
- Bank interest statements
- All 1098, 1099 forms & any other tax forms
- Unemployment income–1099G
- List of calculated self-employment expenses
- Child care provider information and phone number
- Educational expenses
- Form 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C, Affordable Health Care statements, or exemption documentation
- Checking, Savings or CFR Card account numbers for refund processing / direct deposit
- Proof of foreign status IF applying for an ITIN
- Documents for ITIN renewal and/or new application (originals required for adults and children)
Note: Both spouses must be present to sign required forms on a married-filing-joint tax return.
$ave Your Money!
Saving at Tax Time is as Easy as 1, 2, 3! No matter how small, every cent counts when saving for an emergency or a financial goal.
- Bring your savings and checking account information to your tax preparation.
- Determine how much of your refund you want to save.
- Ask your tax preparer to split your refund into your two or more accounts: savings and checking.
Check out this video to learn more about saving.
Additional Services Offered:
- Voter Registration
- On-site help with applying for CalFresh and Medi-Cal
- No-fee debit card and direct deposit services for tax refunds
- Financial education and asset building resources
- Convenient drop-off and pick-up services
- Tax Preparation for Married Filing Separately for those who qualify
- Assistance with the completion and submission of Form W-7 by Certified Acceptance Agents (CAA) to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for those who qualify
For more information contact our program at (510) 271-9141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always contact the agency or provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. We are not affiliated to any of the organizations listed in this app/website. The information provided in this app/site is for the benefit of the community and and we are not liable for any information changed from the date we published this information. Please contact us if you like to make any changes in the information by emailing email@example.com
1500 total views, 1 today